Background

8/30/13

First Day of School

Hudson has officially completed his first two weeks of Kindergarten and Paisley her first week of 4 year old Pre-school. It makes me sad that two of my babies are already in school, yet reminds me of how blessed I am to have spend the last 8 months at home with them. I would not change anything for the world and if anything wish I would have done it a lot sooner so I would have had more time with my babies before school.

It's hard to believe that Hudson is in full day Kindergarten. He is missed a ton during the day and of course it never seems like there are enough hours in the day as the hours we have at night don't ever seem like enough. The transition to school in general none the less full days has been a big change for him. The first two weeks had its ups and downs along with some tears and lots of hugs but Hudson is doing great and we are so proud of him.

Day 1 for Hudson - you can see the nervousness in this picture and the tears we had prior
 Day 1 of week 2 - a little better
 
 
Paisley just completed her first week of 4 year old preschool. She goes 4 days a week for 3 hours each day. The first day there was nervousness and tears but she told me afterwards that she stopped crying shortly after I left. But I do have to say those tears at drop off sure do pull at your heart strings! Other then day 1 Paisley has been doing great and loving school. I think the best part of my day with Paisley is watching her run out the school door and the big hug to follow. Its just so hard to believe how much this little girl has grown up. The fun thing this year is that Paisley has the same teacher Hudson had last year which is nice for Bernie and I as we already know expectations, teaching style, etc.
                                                        Paisley all ready for her first day!



All three kiddos before school one morning
I also have to say hearing Hudson and Paisley talk about their days, what they did, etc is so precious.
 
Tenley has been doing good at home without them and is my little buddy. She sure is excited though to see them!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Colette! I hope everyone is enjoying school! I was wondering if you would answer my quick question about your blog! My name is Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete