Background

12/19/13

Introducing Nixon Reck Heidgerken

Nixon Reck Heidgerken was born November 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM weighing 8lbs 14oz and 20 1/2 inches.

Here is our story. I had my 39 week apt on Tuesday and I was dilated between a 4-5 and 80% efface. The doctor thought there was a chance I would go into labor that night since at my appointment they did some things to try to get labor started, yet she said if I didn't I could call and we could pick a day and have a baby. So, we prepared things for me to possibly go into labor that night and decided if I didn't that we would just go in the next day and have a baby. This seemed to be the best thing as it allowed us to get things organized with the kids, daycare and work. Well, nothing happened throughout the night but we do owe a big thanks to our old daycare provider for coming over and staying in the case that something were to happen. The following morning (Wednesday) we took Hudson to school and headed to the hospital while our old daycare provider spent the morning with the girls until my in-laws were able to arrive. We arrived at the hospital at 9 am got all checked in and ready to go by 10. Well the plan was for the doctor to break my water but she was headed into a c-section and unable so instead of waiting we opted to start pitosin since I didn't have any consistent activity. So that started at 10, the doctor broke my water at 11, got an epidural at 11:30 (thank the lord) and it was time to get things going around noon. It was so surreal how fast everything happened that I kinda wish I could have slowed down time. Everything from there went smooth and we were blessed with a beautiful little boy. We have kept the gender of all 4 kids a surprise and for us is the excitement is indescribable.

Later that afternoon Bernie picked Hudson up from school and went home to get the girls and his parents to come visit and meet their new baby brother. They were all super excited esp since it was a boy and they all thought it was going to be mainly because we had 3 girls in the family already so we needed another boy to even things out. Ha ha The kids fell in love with him and we so excited to hold him and see mom of course. Everyone hung out for a while before heading home. Bernie went back home with the kids and his parents as we wanted to keep things somewhat normal for them. He was then able to take the kids to school the next morning and keep them into routine. Bernie and his parents took care of everything the following day and per my request I was discharged from the hospital that afternoon. Bernies parents hung around that evening before heading back home. We are very thankful they were able to come help us and the kids had fun times with Grandma and Grandpa H.

Yes Nixon was born at 1:05 PM on Wednesday and I was home by 5:00 PM Thursday. I personally was ready to be home with my family and sleep in my own bed.  We did have to take Nixon in Friday morning for a 48 hour weight check and to make sure everything was okay which it was. We ended up spending the rest of the weekend relaxing and having visitors come meet our little guy.

I do have to say we are truly blessed with 4 happy, healthy and beautiful kids and our family is officially complete.

Quick photos before we head to the hospital and my baby bump aka pillow for the kids is gone. 
 39 1/2 weeks
 Last photo as a family of 5
 All checked in and ready to go
 Our baby boy is here!
 Whopping 8lbs 14oz
 The best dad ever adoring his new son
 Our first official photo as a family of 6

 We love this little angel!



No comments:

Post a Comment