Background

7/10/13

Rodeo & My Birthday

The last weekend in June we went back to Glidden and spent some time at my parents house before going to the Lake City Rodeo that evening. Bernie and I gave the kids rides on the 4-Wheelers at my parents which is always fun and the kids LOVE and we also got to see my Grandma Wenck and Aunt Karen as they came to visit and see all the kids.  My brother Chance and his wife also announced that they are expecting baby #2 in January which will only be about 11 weeks after our baby is born. It will be fun being pregnant together along with having kids close in age. We are very excited for them!







Usually my Dad and Brother team rope at the rodeo but didn't this year so instead we just all watched as a family. It was nice as my younger brother and his family were home and went along with my older brother and his family and my parents. Hudson and my nephew Caden participated in this calf chase which they both thought was fun. There were two different age groups so they didn't do it together but kids got into the arena and were supposed to chase a calf and try to pull tag stickers off the calf in order to win something. Hudson was a little reserved after he started seeing kids fall down, etc. but Caden got in there and tried his best. Neither of the boys won anything but both had fun running around chasing the calf. It was a fun night watching all the animals and fun action along with fireworks at the end. We all know what fireworks means....yup the start of my birthday celebration! My sister-in-law Jill and I share birthdays so its always fun kickoff our celebration together. 


Hudson leaving the arena after the calf chase


My birthday was great this year! We went out to breakfast that morning to our new favorite place and then went to Gordmans for some house shopping. My gift was a gift card to buy some things to decorate the house finally after living here for 2 1/2 years. Its something I have always told Bernie I have wanted to do but of course have never taken the time, wanted to spend the $, nor had the patience to find the "right" pieces. Well we scored big and found several pieces of canvas art work for the house along with some other misc items. Bernie is such a big help at helping with decorating and we both like the same things which makes it even easier and more fun. I was so excited to finally feel like the house was coming together and to have new decorations! So, a big thank you to my hubby for the best birthday gift! Following our trip to Gordmans we went to the pool for the afternoon as it was a perfect day. After the pool of course came much needed naps for the kids followed by dinner and the Urbandale fireworks. We had some friends in town from Florida that met us for fireworks which as always was great to see them and their kids. They are moving back to Des Moines in a couple weeks and we are so excited. The day was perfect to say the least.

Daycare was closed on the 5th and Bernie took the day off so it was great to have 4 full days together as a family. It was awesome to just hang out and have fun with the kids.During our couple days home we took the kids to Monsters University movie, SkyZone, park, pool, etc and had some great much needed family time. It definitely has made this week hard now that Bernie is back to work and daycare is back in session but we are looking forward to our next long weekend coming up very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment